The safety of our customers and service provider colleagues is paramount. Here at The 50plus we are continuing to serve our customers whilst being more than aware that quite a number are in the higher risk bracket, as are some of our service providers. Because of this we have introduced some specific measures to protect both colleagues and customers.
- The 50plus service, which has been maintained throughout the pandemic, continues and will ensure that those of you (and particularly our elderly customers) who have issues with heating, hot water, power or general maintenance needs are attended to whilst minimising risk to both you and our service providers.
- We will undertake work within a customer home or place of business providing that Public Health England guidelines, including maintaining distance from any household occupants, are followed to ensure everyone's safety. When we attend premises we are asking our customers to keep physically clear, preferably in another room and make payments by card over the phone. We are not accepting cash. Our service providers will use gloves where practical and will wear masks where appropriate.
- Please read the 'safe working' guidelines here.
- In a number of cases we are constrained by suppliers who continue to restore manufacturing and by distribution which is under pressure. At the present time most parts are available but there are extended lead times for some items.
- If you need to visit our offices please let us know in advance.
- The latest advice with regard to gas safety inspections can be found here.
- Much the same applies to electrical inspections, for which new requirements are now in force. Read more here.
Government and external agencies have a web site that provides information on the known extent of Covid-19 at a detail that extends to local areas. You can find the data here.
If you have any questions or concerns do let us know.
Click here for full details of how to contact The 50plus.