The safety of our customers and service provider colleagues is paramount. Here at The 50plus we are continuing to serve our customers whilst being more than aware that quite a number are in the higher risk bracket, as are some of our service providers. Because of this we introduced specific measures to protect both colleagues and customers and these continue to operate.
- The 50plus service, which has been maintained throughout the pandemic, continues and we will do our best ensure that those of you (and particularly our elderly customers) who have issues with heating, hot water, power or general maintenance needs are attended to whilst minimising risk to both you and our service providers.
- We will undertake work within a customer home or place of business, as specifically allowed, providing that Public Health England guidelines, including maintaining distance from any household occupants, are followed to ensure everyone's safety. When we attend premises we are asking our customers to keep physically clear, preferably in another room and make payments by card over the phone. We are not accepting cash. Our service providers will use gloves where practical and will wear masks where appropriate.
- We are seeking to minimise close contact. We may ask for photographs to be sent to us in order to undertake estimates where that is feasible. Options and information on how to do this are set out on our contact us page.
- Please read the 'safe working' guidelines here.
- Availability of some parts and materials is contrained. At the present time most parts are available but there are extended lead times for some items.
- Visitors should not attend our offices except by prior arrangement. Please maintain social distancing and follow guidance when you attend.
- The latest advice with regard to gas safety inspections can be found here.
- Much the same applies to electrical inspections, for which new requirements are now in force. Read more here.
Government and external agencies have a web site that provides information on the known extent of Covid-19 at a detail that extends to local areas. You can find the data here.
If you have any questions or concerns do let us know.
Click here for full details of how to contact The 50plus.